Monday, October 11, 2004

Today's Attitude: [Laughing]

I saw 'Team America: World Police'... and it was good.

Over the weekend, GTA and I had the pleasure of catching a sneak preview of 'Team America: World Police'. Those of you who have watched "South Park" know that the creators love to p@ss everybody off, no matter what your point of view or racial/ethnic background. In "Bigger, Longer and Uncut - The SouthPark Movie", they made their intent extemely evident and they have done it again in this movie.
I laughed the ENTIRE time (All 90 minutes of it!) - I think there must have been a sum-total of five minutes when I didn't laugh. Even during the odd moments when they were attacking my own point of view, I was laughing my @ss off. The late 60's 'Thunderbirds are Go!'-style Marianettes were used - they get burned, shot, exploded, crushed, washed away, nuked and sexually molested with extreme prejudice. The sound track, alone, includes rediculous topics that keep you laughing even during pseudo-serious moments -- I WILL be buying Sound Track that by the way. Many of the puppets were also created with the mentality of "DC Follies", so many famous people get killed (as mentioned above), with extreme prejudice. I think the surprize ending will make everyone laugh -- and if you stay through the closing credits, THE LAST SONG IS A TREAT!
DO NOT LET CHILDREN WATCH THIS MOVIE! Like anything else created by these guys, you will easily screw up a child or young adult under the legal supervision of anyone else -- I've heard it is skirting an NC-17 rating. I've heard that in the regular release, they may remove it.
I recommend going to see it, but, as usual, be prepared to be offended. In the 'Making of "Team america"', the creators said that the movie was not really their point of view, necessarily. It is a representation, more of, how they felt about things going on in the world, and how silly the whole thing looked to them.

Good viewings! If you learn to laugh at your own views, I beleive you have the ability to learn more about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home