Sunday, March 21, 2004

Today's Attitude:

[Angered, Rabble Roudy]

SCOOBY DOODOO (warning: SD I spoilers contained)

Ok, here's a vent. Not since the bomb squad showed up at my apartment a few weeks ago have I been so angered and purplexed as when I saw the advert for the second Scooby Doo movie.
The authors of these Hollywood travesties have blown everything that the original Scooby Doo proved to me as a kid week after week,,, Corrupt People often use monsters and superstitions in order to frighten and control others. The second point that was hammered home on a weekly basis was that no matter how mystical or deceptively clever you are, your actions must ultimately answer to the laws of physics and logic,,, The True Laws of all that Exists.
No matter how scared the locals were or how magnificent the "spiritual spectacle" was (keeping people from asking questions or prodding into the criminal organization that was invariably in operation behind the scenes) the "team" get "to the bottom of it",,, but only after some serious and reasonable investigating,,, always asking every question, and never giving up.
In every single episode, "village curses" and "magic spells" were shown to be very very clever deceptions (as I have later run into with most UFO material). Kudos to those who are good at it and have the balls to admit it when the show is over, and then amaze us again the next time around. And the manipulators would have never been exposed "if it hadn't been for you snoopin' kids."
----
The first scooby Doo movie revealed in the end (Sorry if I ruin it for anyone) that Scrappy, having been ousted from the team because of his constant jabs and nonstop arrogance, finds a "real curse" that he uses against the team, Rowan Atkinson and others. I felt defiled while watching the movie. That which shaped my exploration/scientific philosophy as a child, has lost its meaning to a new generation of movie producers. -- Similarly, though I respect Tim Burton's work a great deal, I was also saddened by shift in philosophy in his version of 'Planet of the Apes' - but those are comments for another day.
I may view the movie in the theater anyway, because I think the actors who play the old cartoon characters are a hoot, but I expect to leave the theater, again defiled, in a massachistic rage. I suppose I could put my foot down and wait until it comes out on video. :)
Anyway, dear reader, I'm sure there are plenty that disagree with me, as there always are. Please leave comments that may add to my observations, or even refute them.
Thanks for your eyes (Ethereal ears),
-The Citizen Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home